This is a look at some of the history of DISNEY CONSUMER PRODUCTS‘ marketing of the Winnie The Pooh franchise, which includes Tigger, of course.
What follows are links to The Tigger Project‘s analysis of excerpts from news articles and press releases discussing Disney’s marketing of the Pooh merchandise line.
- Winnie-the-pooh: A Honey of a Product for Disney Marketing
January 2, 1997. By Karen Heller, Philadelphia Inquirer
- ‘Silly Old Bear’ Pooh Enchants Grown-ups, Too
January 5, 1997. By Andrea Petersen, The Wall Street Journal.
- Winnie the Pooh Gains Momentum Across Disney Product Lines
December 31, 1998. By Jerry Hirsch, Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News
- Disney Consumer Products Poised to Significantly Increase Share of Boys Market
June 3, 2010. From Disney Consumer Products press release, as posted on the Disney Consumer Products website
- Disney Consumer Products Poised for Incremental Retail Sales Growth with New Disney Baby Store & Rich Franchise Investment
June 9, 2011. Reuters
- The Real Winnie the Pooh Returns to the Hundred Acre Wood
July 14, 2011. By Brooks Barnes, The New York Times
- Secrets of Disney’s Top Franchises
October 21, 2013. By Nicole Goodkind, Yahoo Finance.
- Disney Now has EIGHT Billion-Dollar Merchandise Brands
August 6, 2014. By Gus Lubin, Business Insider
- Disney announces live-action Winnie The Pooh movie
April 2, 2015. By Gregg Kilday, Hollywood Reporter